Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8
1 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him
2 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken
5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him
6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge
8 Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge
- Anxiety is everywhere. Covid-19 led to widespread mass lay offs and business closures. Many companies are hurting economically. One of our company Bible studies has to release its employees due to a marked decrease of clients.
- Challenges and struggles to separate work and personal lives. Working from home made it difficult to distinguish the work mode from the home mode. Some are working for longer hours. Some of our friends find it difficult to put boundaries and spaces for home and for work. The work-from-home set-up causes tension and distress.
- Stress. More challenges brought by the situation like the quarantines, lockdowns and the stress of online learning to the students. The students are crying for academic break. It is very difficult for them to cope up with this system.
Let us all learn from King David. When we experienced various kinds of difficulties, we need to hold on to God’s promises.
- He is our rock and our salvation. Isaiah 46:3 – 4 I created you and have cared for you since before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime – until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.
- He is our Fortress. The stronghold, a place of protection and defense. We can be safe and secure, because He is our Strong Tower. We are fully guarded against any form of attack of the enemies. Psalm 91:1- 4 God will save us. He will cover us. His truth will be our shield and protection. We will be under His wings.
c. He is our Refuge. Trusting in His Word, we will not be afraid. We are comforted being in God’s presence. He is an ever-present help in times of need. Psalm 32:7 You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance.
Truly, He is our Rock and our Salvation. He is our Fortress. He is our Refuge.
We are secure in God’s hands at all times. We can trust His Word and stand on His promises. There may be dangers, fear, doubt or worry everywhere but we can find rest in God because He says so.
During this pandemic, people need rest and many people are giving up hope or losing hope. Let us do our part in pointing them to Jesus. Share the truth and the love of Jesus to everyone, everywhere. In Christ, we can experience rest and we can rejoice even in the midst of crisis.